Sunday, April 20, 2008

Overnights, 48 doughnuts, 9600 calories

March 27, 2008
Around 9 or 10 pm at the office...

Officemate 1 talking to Officemate 2: ON tayo ngayon di pa? Para dun sa *whisper whisper* (ON means overnight, next level ng OT for Overtime)
Me the curious: Huh? Ano yun?
Officemate 1: Ah... secret...
Me the curious: Hmmmm.... owks...

*some time later*
Officemate 1 asking Officemate 2: May dala ka bang shirt and rubber shoes?
Me the usisera: Aha! Magja-jogging kayo!
Officemate 1: Uhmmmm... hindi.. pero.. ask ko baka pwede namin sabihin sayo...


*a few minutes later*

Officemate 1: Sige, ganito kasi yun, opening ng Krispy Kreme Ayala bukas ng 6am. So ON kami para maabutan yung opening.
Me the usisera: Ah, yung sa may PBComm! Bakit, ano meron?
Officemate 1: Yung first customer kasi, may 1 year free supply of donuts. And 1 month free supply of donuts kapag nasa first 300 customers ka! Sama ka!
Me the feeling-maaga-uuwi: Ah, hindi na. Uuwi na lang ako at matutulog. Hindi naman ata kami uumagahin.(I proceeded to continue my work)

March 28,2008
Around 12 midnight

Officemate 3: Uy! Pipila din kaming Krispy Kreme! Sama ka?
Me the feeling-matatapos-na-ang-ginagawa: Hindi, baka makauwi na kami mayamaya na...

1 am, 2am, 3am, 4am passed... at hindi pa rin kami tapos sa ginagawa namin....


4:30 am
Me the naloloka na: Shet naman to...(buwisit sa buwisit sa excel at working papersna ginagawa)
My Senior Associate: Tara na nga, mag-Krispy Kreme na lang din tayo.
Me: Sige, sama na rin tayo..


5:00am
Arrived in Krispy Kreme Ayala. There was already a loooooooooooong line.
My Officemates: Andami na, aabot pa ba tayo?
Me the pagod na: Andami, hindi na tayo aabot, uwi na lang ako.
My Officemates: Dito muna tayo sandali. Malay mo...

At 5:30 am, the KK people started giving out numbers.
Before 6am... I got my number! YAY! #223!!!

6:00am Krispy Kreme Ayala opened!

But it was around 7:30 when we could finally order. We could not claim the free doughnuts yet. We could start claiming them the day after (Saturday March29,2008).

It was 9am when I got home and got some sleep. Woke up at 12 nn. Proceeded to work.
And since it was the busy season, I still worked during that Saturday. So I was able to claim my first box

And now, I'm down to the last box. I'm gonna claim it this week.


If it weren't for the busy season, I wouldn't have 4 free boxes of Krispy Kremes! Look at the bright side!

Yumyumyum...
















In my opinion, the Original Glazed donuts were the best. The other KK doughnuts were too sweet for me. Although I do like Hershey's Cookies and Creme and New York Cheesecake.

Yumyumyum... they taste better because they are free... Harharhar!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boo hoo...

melody maker said...

yummeh...