Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Birthday Beats

Happy Happy First Birthday to my everdearest kit!
I've been a drummer for one year. Not an expert. But I'll be one. In time. XD















The History:

I had the vision of playing drums during high school.

I hinted to my parents that a drumset would be a nice furniture. Of course, they didn't agree with me initially. Hindi bagay sa babae ang nag-da-drums. Blah blah blah. I have three other sisters -.-

But that vision in me remained.

During college, I was a fan of concerts and band performances. The UP Fair is my yearly tradition and I would drag Beth to accompany me in other concerts. From time to time I"d tell my parents stories of how cool the drummers were. And bit by bit, my sisters started thinking that they also would like to learn the drums. But my parents were not too convinced. And it was not feasible for me to save enough to buy my own drumset.

So comes BA 118 (take 1). They promised that they're finally going to buy a drumset when i pass the BA 118. I didn't. I was depressed - I sulked, and sulked, and sulked at home. But JPIA's Planning Sem took my mind of the issue for a few days. When my mom picked me up after the planning sem, she told me we were going to SM tob wait for my dad, because we were going to buy a drumset.

HUWAAAAAATTTT???? YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Sorry na lang sa kapitbahay namin. Hehehehe.

[Makes me think: What would they have given me to get me out of my depression if I didn't pass 118 again this year. Oooops. Bad thought. Erase thought.]

It is a product of my depression, and the joint powers of me and my sisters. =)

Another blessing in disguise.

4 comments:

sara said...

O_o ba't parang blue yung kit sa pic?

hehe. nice story :D napa-isip tuloy ako sa kwento ng aking drum frustrations XD

melody maker said...

Gray yan. Shiny shimmery splendid pa. Kinuhanan nung bago pa. Kaya siguro parang blue. =D

Hehehe, mas matagal pa ata vision mo kesa vision ko. Nung high school ko lang naisipan na mag-drums. :)

dreababes said...

uyy.. magka-birthday kami ng drums mo.. =)

melody maker said...

Ah talaga? Happy Birthday din! Hamo next year, isasama din kita sa entry sa birthday nya. :D