Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Ultraelectromagneeticjaaaaaaaaaam

Blah blah blah.
First Row. Center seats.
Basta. We ended up there.

This is going to be a sane entry. For hyper entries, read Fuyu and Ame's blogs...

The Event: Ultraelectromagneticjam Album Launching Concert. 29 Nov 2005. UP Theater. A tribute to the Music of Eraserheads.

The Performers:

Alapaap - 6 cycle mind
I loved 6cyclemind. Yeah, loved. They gave a good rendition of Alapaap. Well, maybe that's because Alapaap is a really good song. I have mixed feelings about their japorm...or rather, that they are now a japorms alternative band.

Magasin - Paolo Santos
Dilaw ang kanyang bukok at suot nya'y green. Too bad, I don't have a picture. I would say that I liked his performance because Marcus Adoro jammed with him.His yellow hair is a bit...weird...pero...sige lang.

Spoliarium - Imago
Bravo! Bravo! This is one of my favorite performances, and one of my favorite tracks in the CD. Imago Rocks! Bagay na bagay ang kanta for the band.

Overdrive - Barbie Almalbis
It's probably her. I never really liked Barbie or Barbie's Cradle in hthe first place. Ummmm, Overdrive is supposed to tell a story. Barbie's rendition did not tell a story - again, in my opinion. Naging pacutesy yung song. basta, hindi nya kaya yung part na "Gusto mo ng Labong, Tahong....Pinatuyong Itlog ng Kabayo".

With a Smile - South Border
Not my type. Beth liked it though.

Tikman - Sugarfree
Bravo again! Ebe's voice...Wow...

Ligaya - Kitchie Nadal
When she started singing, I didn't recognize her. Nothing spectacular about it. Ligaya was simply sang by Kitchie.

Torpedo - Isha
The first time I've heard Isha perform was during Fete de la Musique way back in June. An interesting version of the song. Mellow, but now pa-cute mellow. A change in the lyrics: "Pwede bang umalis na ka nagri-ring na ang cellphone ko!"

Huwag Kang Matakot - Orange and Lemons
Though surrounded with the Pinoy Ako rip-off intrigue, I do not hate the band. I do not exactly love them either. But I do love love love their version of Huwag Kang Matakot. Ang kulet! Mixed up with the Julie Tearjerky intro and Tikman chorus as second voice. I truly enjoyed their performance.

Pare Ko - Sponge Cola
Again, it's simply Pare Ko performed by Sponge Cola. It was the first time I saw them perform, and... it was just ok. Ok lang.

Huwag Mo Nang Itanong - MYMP
MYMP is not really my type. I don't know why they were included in the album. Maybe they are Sony Artists? Dunno.

Hard to Believe - Cueshe
Bad song choice for the band. For me, Hard to Believe is the song that best resembles the Eraserheads with the Beatles. But, well, sang by Cueshe... Errrrr... they turned it into rock. Maybe it would have been better if the vocalist (dunno his name) did not drag and eat the lyrics... and if he had memorized the lyrics... Very frustrating.

Alcohol - Radioactive Sago Project
I love Sago! (Insert vocalist name) bought a bottle onstage. Thought it was for props. But no, kodigo palaaaaa! Hilariously ingenious! Cueshe should have asked for advice from them.Di rin kabisado lyrics - but that's understandable (ako rin di ko kabisado eh).

Non-performers:

Superproxy 2K6 - Francis M
Too bad he wasn't there to perform. He could have spiced up the event. And maybe, the audience would finally start jumping up and down.

Maling Akala - Brownman Revival
I really liked their version of this song. However, i just hope that listeners would be informed that it is a song originally by Eheads.

Ang Huling El Bimbo - Rico J Puno
Aaaaaaaarggghhhh! I was looking forward to this. But he wasn't there.

Para sa Masa - Various Artists
I wished that the finale would be an all-star cast singing this song. But then, I was disappointed. No all-star cast performance. :(

Overall, the event was great. But not so GREAT! It was really, anti-climactic. I was really looking to that all-star cast performance. But...well. Good thing I was with my Amigas. :)

And thanks to Sarah for winning those front-row tickets! XD for Beth's patience, and Sara's camera for all those pics.

Well, once again, the batteries of my camera failed me. So I'm just gonna wait for the Sara/hs to upload their pics.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

"For hyper entries, read Fuyu and Ame's blogs..."

ROFL!

Ahehe. Totoo naman. Gayahin ko kaya yung format mo for my sane entry? XD And did you notice, lori that Ely also sang in Superproxy2K6? Nung una kala ko nag-iilusyon lang ako, yun pala "Francis M feat. Ely Buendia". ^_______^

And, I quote Ame: "try singing Huwag Kang Matakot using the Eheads voicing in time with the OnL version. Nakakakilabot ang blending!"

And Sago's vocalist's name is Lourd.

melody maker said...

Haihai! JC Buenaventura. XD May binago rin sa lyrics: "Ako ang kailangan nyo. Isaksak lang ang modem mo...."

Huwag Kang Matakot.... bagay na bagay sa OnL at hanep sa arrangement.

sara said...

bwahaha ngayon ko lang binasa di ko alam na naghihintay ka pala ng upload ng pics XD sige isusunod ko yun...bukas :D

Sago.... Lourd? Lourd Irele?? *ROFL*

Mi said...

Bumili pala si Iks >_> so di ko na kailangang ... ... eheheh... :>