Monday, May 09, 2005

The Weekend

When I've started my life as an intern, I have realized that my weekday social life is limited to talking with around 8 people in the work place per day. My cyber social life includes checking emails every 2 hours, friendster (in the morning, lunch and before going home), and then visiting blogs (an average of 3 times a day PER BLOG).

A lot of my conversations here in the office involves IMs. So I crave for company of really talking to people. Last week, I think I have exhausted myself in my planned social activities.

5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

First, the Friday Block Dinner. My College Block - Block Y - gathers for a "Block Dinner" during the past three weeks. I only attented the dinner last Friday - since I had no other activities. I realized I missed going to school. I missed the jokes and hirits of my blockmates.

Then came Saturday. My piano lesson was moved from 6-7pm to 10-11am. :D So I could party all day after that. It was my HS to current friend's graduation blowout. I really really had fun fun! I haven't been in the water from quite some time. I think some of my swimming skills are diminishing. Hehehehe. I tried very very hard to play the billiard. And thanks to my unbelievable lousy skills, I made the other team win. Harhar. :P

But during the day, I had this guilty feeling. Zyra's blowout was only finalized the day before. Michelle's (a college friend) graduation blowout was scheduled that night for 6pm. And she invited me weeks before. Since we only had the pool up to 6pm, I planned to pass by to Meech's party.

However, I was enjoying the company of my Avo friends, so... we decided to go to Sara's place after swimming. Food and TV was enough to keep us happy. And I got to play her new kit! :) However, that guilty feeling got strong that I decided to call Meech just to say hi and congratulate her. I learned that only me and Yhca (another college friend who was in Batangas) didn't come. but I guess her reason is more valid than mine.

I don't like choosing one friend over the other. I don't like to think that some people weigh a lot more in heart. But some people do - and maybe that's normal, and okay. But I didn't like the implications of that. It seems that with my strong feelings for past-made friends, I can't trust new ones... or not as much. As Beth said, you can move on, but it's hard to grow out of it.

Sunday was Mother's Day. We cooked, we ate. I was so exhausted with the past activities. I had low energy on this very special day. Oh well. Cheers to my mom! Yay!


So that was my week-end. Exhausting. And it's Monday again. Another workweek. Thet've given us a ton of work already. But I'm working and playing. Just like in accounting - I strive for balance.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

rargh. i know how you feel. choosing between friends, i mean. (although in my case -- or at least the one i have in mind right now -- it was an important event over a friend... aaaaaaanyway. ok lang yun. it's not like you can't hang out with them on other days :D

Mi said...

that's all right. If I was in your shoes, i'd've chosen avo too. :D me go blog now.

sara said...

LOL choosing between friends. dilemma ko din 'yan nung debut party ko :D
pareho kami ng pipiliin ni beth

melody maker said...

There's this saying that if you choose between two friends, you lose one friend. I didn't regret my decision. I just hope that doesn't happen again. Hahahaha. As if.